JewelryLessonsTM Contest Host Guidelines
Updated July 27, 2011
To view the previous Guidelines click here.
We are so excited that you are interested in being a host to a Contest event here at our site! Contests are a great way to make friends and to push the limits of creativity.
Challenge or Competition?Although referred in general terms as “Contest”, there are distinctions: a Challenge is a group exercise with no competitive edge and no prizes offered. This is designed as an exercise to improve skills and challenge yourself. A Competition is an event where participants compete based on skill, and the winners go through a selection process, sometimes receiving prizes. A Drawing is a random selection of winners, without the participation of a judging selection.
Your ContestPlease remember that we are a teaching site, so we give priority to Contests which have some focus on teaching or advancement of students. When creating your Contest, please follow this process:
Include in your Contest Rules:
a) Name of your Contest, so that comments posted in relation to it can be easily identified;
b) If your Contest is a challenge, competition or drawing;
c) Establish a clear period of time or deadline during which the Contest is valid;
d) A description of the purpose and/or theme of the Contest;
e) A description of what participants must do to enter the Contest;
f) If your Contest is a competition, make the selection criteria clear;
g) If your Contest offers prizes, please specify clearly;
h) If your Contest includes judges who will select winners, please specify clearly;
i) If you plan to advertise your Contest outside of our Site, then you must indicate so;
j) All participants must include the following text in their entries: "I agree to the Contest
4) If there is enough interest, you may post an Article in the Article section with your Contest Rules and start your Contest within the dates specified.
Keep in mindWhen preparing your Contest Rules, keep in mind the following:
- Select and contact judges prior to posting and to initiating your Contest.
- Your Contest should be open to registered JL users.
- We will do our very best to accommodate your preferred dates or period of time, however, we prefer to have a limited amount of contests running at the same time.
- You may advertise your Contest event at the forum, however the Contest Rules must be clearly displayed in the Article describing your Contest.
- If you would like to use a Tutorial in a Contest, please receive the written permission of the author/owner, prior to submitting this form. A Tutorial is protected by copyright laws. Permission is not required to link to a Tutorial for purposes of a Contest. However, out of courtesy, we recommend that you email the author to let them know that you have featured their work in a Contest.
- Contact Admin prior to starting your Contest if you need any technological help, such as creating a new category for your Contest. At this time, we are not able to provide voting systems.
- You are responsible for administering this Contest in a fair and reasonable manner. This means that you are responsible for choosing judges, providing a prize if one is offered in your Contest, establishing deadlines, and shipping the prize to the winner. (In some instances, EZ may deliver the prize and assume the cost, but this must be approved in writing by EZ prior to the posting of your Contest.)
- Please keep the winner’s and judge’s personal information, such as their address or phone number confidential, and do not post this information on the Site.
- It is not recommended to change the Contest Rules after the Contest time has started, unless there are severe conditions which justify the change. Please contact our Admin before making any changes to your Contest Rules. EZ reserves the right to determine if the proposed changes are acceptable and valid.
- During the time when the Contest is active, you may identify yourself as Contest Host for your particular Contest only, and only in comments and Content strictly related to your Contest.
- Contest Hosts are not considered staff, employees, or agents of EZ, and may not represent themselves as such, inside or outside of our Site.
Thanks for Hosting a Contest!